Thursday, March 2, 2017

Mano po Nay, mano po Tay

"To My Thirty-two Children" 👶
(An open letter to my parents ❤)
By: DJ Martin 🤘

Let not the title mislead you;
This isn't a hyperbole,
It is a veracious metaphor
It may be a message- an indirect trajectory

To my thirty-two children
Fear not of what you may become
The atrocious vision of this paradigm of ours;
Is yours to perceive not as demoralized and beaten

Let not the title mislead you
This isn't a bluster,
It is a superlative metaphor
It may be a message- an establishment of a boundary

To my dear parents; mom and dad
You need not to worry; these thirty-two children can wait-
I am, and always will be the man you want me to become.
The wonders of these values, I will always accumulate

Let not the title mislead you;
We have established the fact that this give boundaries
Fear not of what may happen
Because these thirty-two children proliferate countless blessings

Trust is the foundation of everything
You have always reminded me of that;
I have given you all of this and it's your time to reciprocate-
Not all of my decisions are subject for reprimand

Let not the title mislead you;
This isn't in the literal sense
It goes beyond a peripheral aspect
Grounded on the most virtuous sentiment

My unborn children are yet to come-
It may take thirty-two years or more,
But let not this premise mislead you;
These are the future hard-earned achievements and triumphs I may receive.

Let not the title mislead you;
I still have a lot of things to prove to you all.
But whatever I have now is enough for me to adhere:
That living in the moment will prosper into something worthwhile.

~ ~

#KunyarePaDeep
#KunyareMaySense
#WalangBahidNgKaOveractingan
#SaAkingKababataParody
#DearParents

Disclaimer: This poem does not, at any circumstance, connote and or promote rebellion against anything. I just find it funny and post-worthy. ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment