Friday, May 19, 2017

Light 'Em Up (I'm on Fire)

"Stop Flickering and Start Gleaming for Me"
By: DJ Martin 🤘


She would always find darkness
flickering and wondering
reminding me,
"I'll ruin everything"
and I would always be the one
enthralling-
Replying
"What's with darkness and ruining moments?" 
This naive, awkward, shy boy
is also
enchanting and beaming
with utmost joy,
ever since I found her. 

She would always find darkness;
Flickering and wondering-
and in the process,
she would neglect all
luminescence and try to
anticipate,
deteriorate and
defend her haplessness 
"You poor soul" I utter
from my mouth that is always late
my heart did scathe
From seeing her finding darkness
neglecting luminescence 

"Gleam for me" she said,
I loved the idea of it-
always turned on
"Stop flickering" I replied

These words were not sugarcoated 
they are made 
for us to be mesmerized
with such, things be realized 
that we cannot antagonize;
because darkness will always be present
in the depths of our buried sentiments
and in the process,
it is up to us to neglect luminescence 
and surrender to our own darknesses 

How good does light affect her?
Is there a guarantee of surrender?
Defend her
haplessness even more
What is the process?
What is inside darkness?

She would always find darkness 
and in the process,
there's one thing she didn't anticipate:

I was her luminescence 
I gleamed for her
the flickering of her haplessness and wondering of her innocence 
sprung into a brighter finding
of darkness and luminescence 

"Gleam for me" she said,
and so I did. 
She would always find darkness 
and this time,
she's no longer flickering and wondering,
because in the process
I was her luminescence. 


No comments:

Post a Comment