Sunday, April 23, 2017

I'm Your Warmest Color

"Your First Paper Cut"
By: DJ Martin 🤘

Finger.
Blood.
Singer.
Flat.

Your first paper cut- a phenomenal experience 
You experienced it when you were with me
Me as a witness
The only witness
Of such aberrant whatnots.

Linger.
Stud.
Shiver
Proud.

It could've been punishable by screams
Yet you chose to stay.
It could've been shattered dreams 
Yet you loved me all the way
Chose to love
Loved me to stay

Words.
Honesty.
Knives.
Scars.

How Urie would say it in his Gospel:
"The fear of falling apart"
Would be(s) and whatnots
Your first paper cut-
Will always be with me. Only me.
These cuts are mine to bear
These cuts are mine as well

Cliches.
Love.
Trust. 
Leeways. 

Struggle with me
It's what we are bound to do
Your first paper cut-
And the rest of them you'll receive
It's my turn to finish the gaps and spots;
Reminding you I am to accept your pain.

Perplexed.
Confused.
Baffled.
Nonplussed. 
Like this poem.
Like you.
But it's given meaning. It'll always be.
Because your first paper cut will always be experienced with me. 


~ ~





No comments:

Post a Comment