Tuesday, April 18, 2017

LIBRARY THOUGHTS- How "I Write Truths Not Tragedies" Came About

Do you know why this blog is entitled I Write Truths Not Tragedies? Well, the obvious reason- it is a witty reference to Panic! At The Disco's well-known song called I Write Sins Not Tragedies of their first album A Fever You Can't Sweat Out released last September 27, 2005 (if I'm not mistaken)

But if you come to think of it, it's not just about a creative reference for a blog. It's more than that. It's like this blog speaks for itself. Let's break it down shall we.

I.

The word I. A single letter symbolizing individuality or identity. A word that establishes a personality, an entity of some sort. A word that could go so many ways but is grounded on one underlying meaning- I. A name, a title, a well-being, a code, a course. It's always there. It'll always be there. 'I' will always be present no matter what. 'I' will never change. 'I' will always be here. 

WRITE.

Ah, write. One of my most favorite words in the English dictionary. Whenever the teacher asks us to write something (ever since High School)  it weirdly turns me on. For some reasons, the word belongs to me. I write to express, I write to impress, I write to satisfy myself, I write to satisfy others as well. I exist because I write. I write because I exist. In a more subliminal aspect, I write because I think it's my purpose. I influence because I write, I write because I want to influence. It's just there, if you get it, no matter how the world is positioned, no matter how I become, I would always write. And for now I might not harnessed that 'purpose,' but sooner I will. I know I will. (See how many 'I's' were presented here?)

TRUTHS.

This part is already frustrating me for some reasons I can't even grasp. What does the truth speak about? How will we even know a truth's a truth? Just like knowledge or love, its very difficult to define truth. In the philosophical aspect, ''Simply, we can define truth as: a statement about the way the world actually is.'' (http://www.philosophynews.com/post/2015/01/29/What-is-Truth.aspx)
But what does the world actually look like? How am I even dwelling in the philosophical aspect? How is this even a topic? Is this the truth?

Okay. Let's look at it this way. If the things you do speak of the truth, how will you differentiate it from a lie? What if what's true for others is not true for some? That's what's frustrating me.

But now we'll look at the meaning of truth in the perspective of this blog. I write TRUTHS not TRAGEDIES. It's simple. Everything written here are not made-up. They are products of experience and honest cogitations. What I write are manifestations of truth. Because it's what supposed to be. It is what people need to see. You need to see. In the face of the truth, no matter how viewed or defined by anyone, this blog will always remain true to itself- and that's the truth.

NOT.

The negative aspect. Negation. The word not is used for denying things. But the good thing about how the word 'not' is used in this blog is that it actually denies to accept positivity. The word 'not' in this blog establishes adversary to promote amity. Now isn't that quite amazing? For me I think it is.

TRAGEDIES. 

Another negative aspect. Tragedy. It's adhering to a tatterdemalion state, a deplorable and lamentable condition. (Look at me use big and highfaluting words)

But tragedies is not subject here. It is truth. 'Tragedies' is negated because truth is given way and accepted. So no matter how tragic my life can get, I would always adhere to writing truths and no matter how life turns out, truth will always prevail.

So yes, that's about it.

Haven't I mentioned I am typing this at the school library? I think I did. Well, sort of- it's indicated in the title. See, not tragedies. Just truths.

~ ~

THANK YOU FOR TAKING TIME TO CHECK MY UPDATE!
I HOPE YOU LIKED IT.

AND AGAIN, THANKS FOR READING!

3 comments:

  1. I want to be with profound with you right now. But I cant deny myself the truth (and it's tragic in the best way) that I feel the need to scroll your nipples instead. Come to momma right now daddy. Hahahahaaaaaa. I love you. You and your profound thoughts. Tatterdamalion doesnt become me anymore. (EARPHONES FTS)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just had to say that. That's just. Hot. Idk why hahahaha. Yayy. I'm glad you've given your insights. I love you too.

      Delete
  2. I want to be with profound with you right now. But I cant deny myself the truth (and it's tragic in the best way) that I feel the need to scroll your nipples instead. Come to momma right now daddy. Hahahahaaaaaa. I love you. You and your profound thoughts. Tatterdamalion doesnt become me anymore. (EARPHONES FTS)

    ReplyDelete